If you deeply believe in the life-long benefits of studying abroad and if you are looking to work for an incredible and dynamic study abroad organization, please apply below!
Sol Education Abroad is always looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals to join our Austin office headquarters team. While we currently do not have any openings, if you apply below, your name and resume will be on file and you will be automatically notified when we have another opening. Thank you.
JOB TITLE: Academic Coordinator & Recruiter
This is an entry level position.
TO APPLY: Please complete these 2 steps:
1) Complete the online application below & attach your resume.
2) Email your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must say: Academic Coordinator & Recruiter)
Please do not apply unless you meet the requirements listed below:
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: SOL has an entry level position open in our Austin, TX office. We will be hiring 2 employees for this position (this is the same position). The job involves working in all aspects of a study abroad program: including student admissions & enrollment, university relations, marketing, recruiting and customer service. Candidates must possess a very strong work ethic and drive and Spanish proficiency is preferred. This is a very dynamic, fast-paced business that requires flexibility and the ability to multi-task, have fun and learn! Industry experience (program provider experience) is also preferred.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: SOL was voted the #1 "Top Study Abroad Program" in the US by abroad101.com & StudentUniverse.com. We are known in the industry for providing students with high quality & affordable study abroad programs. We offer summer, semester, academic year, winter break & faculty-led customized programs for university students at the following locations:
• Buenos Aires, Argentina (University of Belgrano)
• Oaxaca, Mexico (University of Oaxaca)
• Heredia, Costa Rica (Latin University of Costa Rica)
• Granada, Spain (University of Granada)
• Assist in the planning of students’ study abroad experiences from start to finish
• Develop and assist with marketing strategies
• Form a key part of a dynamic business
• Use your Spanish skills
• Program development and implementation
• Work in a personable, family-style environment
• Live in Austin, TX (rated one of the top US cities to work & live)
JOB DESCRIPTION: (not an inclusive list of what the employee may be responsible for)
• Student Admissions Coordinator: You will help manage our daily office needs (includes data entry and forms processing)
• Customer Service: Work on a daily basis with new student applicants & interested applicants. Work directly with students, from initial advising, during their study abroad and their post-program experience.
• Office: Help manage all aspects of our office & marketing mail outs.
• Application processing (collecting required program materials and data entry)
• Assist with Student Visas
• Manage Student Evaluations
• Assist with Student Transcript Processing.
• Customer service (calling new students, responding to student and parent inquires via phone and email)
• Financial Services Assistance: Assist students with all aspects of their financial aid needs (completing consortium agreements and price breakdowns)
• Maintain knowledge of all Sol Education Abroad program locations, company policies & procedures and maintain an excellent level of customer service through a positive attitude, responsiveness & attention to customer feedback
• You must be outgoing and gregarious and comfortable around university students
• You must be comfortable meeting with study abroad offices and professors
• Respond in a timely manner (24 hour response policy) to all requests by students and staff (email and phone requests)
• Display excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• University Relations & Recruiting: This position requires domestic travel during the fall and spring recruiting seasons (roughly 6 to 8 weeks of travel a year)
• Websites: Help with website maintenance
• Walk-Ins: Help with student and parent walk-ins
• Social Media: Assist in daily social media updates & assist in creating a long-term social media plan
• Run photo contests.
• Alumni: Help with alumni outreach
SALARY & BENEFITS: Please contact us for details.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Completed Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior study abroad and international education experience required (preferably in a SOL location)
• Customer service or related experience preferred
• Experience in at least one of the following countries (ideally with experience or knowledge of the program cities): Mexico (Oaxaca), Costa Rica (Heredia), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Spain (Granada)
• Experience and knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, Instagram, etc.)
• Must be able to multi-task and work independently
• Results oriented individual
• Exceptional positive attitude; high-energy, proactive, friendly, responsible, enthusiastic
• Outstanding phone presence, interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills
• Able to adapt, troubleshoot, brainstorm and contribute to team
• Able to communicate via phone and computer for extended periods of time
• You are a representative of Sol Education Abroad and therefore are EXPECTED to be polite and professional at all times