We are not currently hiring for this position (posted 06/03/19).
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant (Part-Time Contract Position)
HIGHLIGHTS: Gain experience by working for a world-class study abroad program!
Sol Education Abroad, a study abroad organization based in Austin, TX, is looking for a dedicated individual to work closely with our team to provide office support in many aspects of the daily operations. In this position, you will work directly with the Operations Manager on daily tasks and projects. You will also work to support the other teammates in the office.
This position is contract labor and the ideal candidate would be able to work 20 to 25 hours per week in our downtown office. You will set your own hours, however, your work hours must be during our business hours which are Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This position is an hourly paid position of $12 - $15/hour, contingent on experience.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
The ideal candidate will have studied abroad or have been involved with study abroad or international travel in some way. Preference given to those with experience in at least one of the following countries: Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, or Spain (these are the locations where Sol Education Abroad has programs). Previous experience study abroad is not required to apply.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Creative problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as carry out assigned projects
-Exhibits excellent customer service skills in verbal and written (email) communication
- Possesses good typing skills and an understanding of Excel, Word, and G-Suite products such as Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Access to a vehicle for running errands (quick errand runs typically 1-2 times per week or less)
- Has studied or traveled abroad (preferred, not required)
- Has studied Spanish Language, at any level (preferred, not required)
- Process student program materials, such as program forms, flight itineraries, student photos, etc.
- General email correspondence with clients regarding program materials
- Perform student file audits during the pre-departure stage
- Assist with faculty-led custom program management
- Assist with reviewing and processing student evaluations
- Process recommendation letters
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of internal lists and documents
- Assistance with management of online review sites
- Process brochure mail-outs for interested students, universities, and high schools
- Post office and errand runs
- Research projects as needed
- Data entry projects as needed
- Social media tasks and outreach as needed
- Translation of course syllabi from Spanish to English (depending on Spanish skills)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of SOL study abroad programs and foreign universities
- Depending on need and your background and interests, other opportunities may arise