Sol Education Abroad is currently not hiring for this position (07/01/19).
JOB TITLE: Academic Coordinator & Recruiter
This is an entry level position.
TO APPLY: Please complete these 2 steps:
1) Complete the online application below & attach your resume.
2) Email your cover letter to email@example.com (subject line must say: Academic Coordinator & Recruiter)
Please do not apply unless you meet the requirements listed below:
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The job involves working in all aspects of a study abroad program: including student admissions and enrollment, university relations, marketing, recruiting and customer service. Candidates must possess a very strong work ethic and drive. Spanish proficiency is preferred but not required. This is a dynamic, fast-paced business that requires flexibility and the ability to multitask, have fun and learn! Industry experience (program provider experience) is also preferred.
• Buenos Aires, Argentina (University of Belgrano)
• Oaxaca, Mexico (University of Oaxaca)
• Heredia, Costa Rica (Latin University of Costa Rica)
• Granada, Spain (University of Granada)
• Assist in the planning of student study abroad experiences from start to finish
• Develop and assist with marketing strategies
• Form a key part of a dynamic business
• Program development and implementation
• Work in a personable, family-style environment
• Live in Austin, TX (rated one of the top US cities to work and live)
JOB DESCRIPTION: (not an inclusive list of what the employee may be responsible for)
• Student admissions coordination: Help manage our daily office needs (includes data entry and forms processing)
• Customer Service: Work on a daily basis with enrolled students as well as potential applicants. Work directly with students from initial advising and program coordination to their post-program experience.
• Office: Help manage all aspects of the office and marketing mail outs
• Application processing (collecting required program materials and data entry)
• Assist with Student Visas
• Manage Student Evaluations
• Assist with Student Transcript Processing
• Customer service (calling new students, responding to student and parent inquiries via phone and email)
• Financial Services Assistance: Assist students with all aspects of their financial aid needs (completing consortium agreements and price breakdowns)
• Maintain knowledge of all Sol Education Abroad program locations, company policies and procedures
• Maintain an excellent level of customer service through a positive attitude, responsiveness and attention to customer feedback
• Be outgoing and comfortable around university students
• Be comfortable meeting with study abroad offices and university faculty
• Respond in a timely manner (24 hour response policy) to all requests by students and staff (email and phone requests)
• Display excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• University Relations and Recruiting: This position requires domestic travel during the fall and spring recruiting seasons (roughly 6 to 8 weeks of travel a year)
• Websites: Help with website maintenance
• Walk-Ins: Help with student and parent walk-ins
• Social Media: Assist in daily social media updates and in implementing long-term social media plans
• Run photo contests.
• Alumni: Help with alumni outreach
SALARY & BENEFITS: Please contact us for details.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Completed Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior study abroad and international education experience required (preferably in a SOL location)
• Customer service or related experience preferred
• Experience in at least one of the following countries (ideally with experience or knowledge of the program cities): Mexico (Oaxaca), Costa Rica (Heredia), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Spain (Granada)
• Experience and knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, Instagram, etc.)
• Must be able to multitask and work independently
• Results oriented individual
• Exceptional positive attitude; high-energy, proactive, friendly, responsible, enthusiastic
• Outstanding phone presence, interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills
• Able to adapt, troubleshoot, brainstorm and contribute to team
• Able to communicate via phone and computer for extended periods of time